Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23, 2011

I had planned to go to el Rastro today... but when I woke up, it was cold out and bed was so comfy and warm, and by the time I was up and dressed, it was really too late to go. El Rastro is an outdoor market where, for example, many students do their souvenir shopping before returning to the States, etc. Unfortunately it is also such a tourist (and therefore, pickpocket) draw that Sra Álvarez insists I shouldn't even carry a purse - she recommends I carry a few bills in my pants pocket under my coat at most. But anyway, I will eventually make it there... maybe when the weather is warmer and it's not a choice between reading a book or doing homework while still wrapped in my down comforter and going on a chilly, cloudy walk through an over-packed market. :)




I don't know about you guys, but I feel my stir fries are getting all the more sophisticated. :) Here we have carrots, potatoes, peas, green beans, red peppers, tomatoes, and not so finely chopped garlic, all sauteed in olive oil.



No comments:

Post a Comment